Monday, August 11, 2008

It sucks to get old

So a week or so ago my mother falls walking her dog. Lucky for her she didnt break her hip. slight fracture to the pelvic bone, and she's alright. Needs a bit of rehab but she's up and walking.
She went to the
Lexington Home for her rehab stint. Its a nursing home and I gotta tell you, the nightmares that are coming out of that place are insane.
Just today 2 things happened that make me want to go in there and rough someone up.

First, my mother is on a cane at the moment, and its lunch time. A nurse tells her to go to the front of the line since everyone else is sitting (in a wheelchair) and she's standing. So she does. And the woman serving food refuses to serve her cause she cut in line. Orders her to get in line and outright embarrasses her in front of everyone. She about cried on the phone telling me this. THEN while I'm on the phone with her I start going through my answering machine and I got a phone call from them the same day.

They want me to come down and sign papers for Dad, to commit him. So not only are they lost as to why she's is there, they think she is a he! When she went to confront them about it they denied the call ever happened!

Keep your parents out of this nightmare hole in the world!! The End.

No comments: